Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Halloween

About a month ago we started shopping for our Halloween costumes. Nuno and I go all out for Halloween and we quite often go together as a theme (this also includes our pug, Hot Tot). We have tons of fun with it. I'd love to spill the beans on our costumes, but I think I'll hold back until the day.
While shopping at thrift stores for costume pieces I've stumbled upon some amazing deals!
Like these shoes - Steve Madden's hardly worn (b/c the label on the soul was in pristine condition). OK, shoes, I know, kinda gross to pick up used, but between the spray Lysol and Lysol wipes, I feel pretty good that they were alright to wear. I all but stopped shopping at thrift stores past the 90's, but I'm now going nuts finding great items.



This month's Martha Stewart Living is the Halloween issue. Every year her Halloween issue is my favourite. Her ideas are just killer, this issue is no exception. As well, this month's issue of Everyday Food is probably the best they've ever produced. I swear they have a window into our kitchen as we have so many favourite recipes from Everyday Food's back issues. Basically, our favourite recipes have been reinvented into new and delicious ideas. She has the most creative and inspired people working for her, regardless if your a fan or not, you have to admire her crew.

No comments: