Monday, September 1, 2008

the retaining wall


I must admit, I've spent next to no time in the garden this year. I planted only a couple perennials up front and allowed all our annuals to spring up. The garden really just grows and then overgrows. The lack of inspiration stems from the 'retaining wall'. When we bought our home the previous owners had timbers lining the driveway. Because they weren't treated, they didn't weather well. Then one day, one of Hot Tot's doggie friends came over and chewed up an entire piece of wood. It was so unsightly that we just tore up all the wood and had it hauled away.
Fast forward one year later and still nothing has been done. That is until now. We've hooked ourselves up with a guy who is not only putting up a brick retaining wall, but will create a really nice pathway up to our front door step! He's going to be doing a lot of work to help with a drainage issue we had in one garden by digging a trench to the sewer - it's really going to be a big job which I am so pleased about.

I just can't believe this is happening - having something done on the outside of our home to help reflect how beautiful our home is inside. I've been admiring these brick walls on other homes and now we get to have our own. It really makes homes look so finished and cared for. I can't wait to share the end result later this month.

No comments: