Tuesday, December 30, 2008

30th birthday recap

OK, so it's time to talk about my best-ever birthday. This year was a great life landmark - three decades! These sort of birthdays deserve parties and I'm lucky enough to have had Katie and Nuno throw me a Christmas in Mexico themed birthday!
This party was really easy and fun to plan. It took one night and a trip around the block to a couple dollar stores and Party Packagers to make happen.

Just like Katie's Guitar Hero birthday, we purchased a sheet of cake from Subs Plus with the icing on the side and put together this pinata cake.

We had my sister, DJ Lupita cranking her amazing christmas record collection.

Just like the invitation indicated, we had chicken carnitas, refried beans and tacos. Hard and soft shell. Along with plenty of snacks like chips & salsa and guacamole.

To drink - Tequila! Just kidding, we stuck to Coronas, sangria, mojitos and Mexican hot chocolate.
It was a bit of a downer that the snow storm snowed people in. But, man, some of our friends are real troopers and drove from the GTA to come to the party. It meant so much to me to have them come down!!

On the day of my birthday I spent it with my husband. We stayed over night at a hotel in Niagara Falls and went to these waterslides all day!
They aren't usually open on Tuesdays, but I guess because of the Christmas holidays (or my birthday;) they were open. It wasn't too busy so there weren't long line-ups. For dinner we met up with my family at Zee's. It's my favourite restaurant in Niagara on the Lake and it was great. I had my first icewine martini!

So now I'm 30 and I really don't think I look or act like it. It made me feel really good that so many neighbours and coworkers thought I was 23. I don't know, is that a good thing? I'll say it is because I don't feel a day older than 24.

No comments: