Saturday, April 25, 2009

cravings continue...

The cravings are still going strong. This is probably the most intense and characteristic pregnancy symptom I'm having on a week to week basis. So here's my running tally of food I had to eat or I could not continue - salads, broccoli & cheddar salad, avocados, Italian wedding soup, chocolate milk, buffalo chicken wraps, falafels, fruit smoothies, breakfast for dinner, rich tomato sauce over pasta. Being pregnant is so unpredictable, and it may sound silly to feel this way - but it's fun.

I sometimes wonder if I'll start to feel a bit more isolated from friends with our new baby. In the short term, I'm wondering if it'll be strange to be the only pregnant girl. I know only a couple of people who've been through pregnancy recently and I'm not close to anyone going through it right now. So in that respect, I think as I grow I'll make an effort to put myself out there more. It would be nice to meet other new moms and make friends with people who could potentially be friends. My plan is to take prenatal yoga which I just signed up for beginning in early May. I'm really looking forward to it because I haven't done any yoga since discovering I was expecting (ashtanga yoga while expecting - not a good idea, right?). I'll also be taking prenatal classes - probably as many as a can because I need a major parenting crash course. I trust my instincts and common sense, but I'm open to as many pointers as possible.

This may sound totally selfish, but I wish with all the planning I'd done to get life in order for the baby that I'd planned a pregnancy with a friend. Is that too Gloucester Massachusetts High School pregnancy fiasco of me? I guess I see the attraction of it.

No comments: