Sunday, April 12, 2009

easter brunch

I mentioned in a previous entry that we were holding an Easter Brunch, now that it's over I'll share. We held the brunch Saturday for my in-laws who all came down from the GTA.
Nuno and I spent all Good Friday prepping for the brunch. I began by making mini quiches - spinach & gruyere and some asparagus & gruyere. Tot loves to hang out in the kitchen when there is baking going down. Look what our little snooper got into.
The other appetizer we prepped was a veggie tray. We also premade the creme brulee because it tastes better if it sits a day or two.

Yesterday morning we got right to work making the brunch. We served eggs benedict, honey & grainy dijon glazed ham, thyme roasted potatoes with shallots, buttermilk biscuits - half cheese and half plain with strawberry whipped butter and spring salad with olive oil & lemon dressing. I served my favourite coffee from Sarnia which everyone couldn't get enough of. The brunch was a total success. We put a lot of effort into details and I was so happy everyone noticed every little detail. From the vanilla bean for the creme brulee to the from scratch crusts for the quiche, they are the sort of people who notice the small things, like me. Everyone loved their meals and it looks like the family wants to start a yearly tradition with this. I don't mind because I love throwing brunches over dinners, I'm not quite sure why. This was our first time having all the in laws over, so I have a lot of confidence we can definitely do this again.
My only regret was that I was too busy having the brunch to take photos. This is the only shot Nuno grabbed before everyone arrived.

Yesterday, my nephew Ronan was pretty much the star of the show. We gave him an Easter basket with Cars eggs and an Easter book. Because he loves toys and is small, Hot Tot spent the whole time watching Ronan. She trailed him around like a side-kick. They even went on a walk together to look at the boats which Ronan got completely obsessed with.

I have so many nice memories of our Easter this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw!! I love Hot Tot's face with the flower. So cute!

I wish you took more pictures (especially of Ronan).

Can't wait for the leftovers tonight!