Sunday, April 5, 2009

wrappin'

Because it was so gloomy and rainy, I decided to spend all Saturday afternoon in the kitchen. Nuno and I started out making salad rolls for next week's lunches. We made so many we had to stop only because our largest container couldn't fit any more!
Next up, a brand new experience for us, turkey dumplings! The recipe indicated that we would be making 80. The filling included ground turkey, iceberg lettuce, mushrooms, green onions, soy & sesame oil.

I think I may have found my new calling - dumpling assembly.

Too bad it begins to get a little monotonous and by the end I was pretty spaced out. I don't think listening to Yo La Tengo while doing all this helped take me out of a dreamy state.

Here's our army of dumplings. We froze most of them.

But we steamed a bunch for dinner along with some of my absolute favourite dim sum - shrimp dumplings and pork shao mai. The turkey dumplings were the best of the bunch. Definitely worth the hours of labour!

1 comment:

jazzygal said...

Hey Feelscript,

I'm no cook....not very domesticated actually! But those turkey dumplings looked lovely. Liked your little tip on homemade pizza too! The ONLY pizza My little guy eats is Margherita so thanks for the tip! Only tried to do a homemade one the other day. Didn't turn out too bad.....for me! Jazzy