Saturday, June 13, 2009

thinnest crust pizza is a success!

I just have to spread the word about this recipe. We had Thinnest Crust Pizza earlier this week for dinner and it was incredible! I was resisting the idea behind it - pizza toppings on a whole wheat tortilla wrap. I just couldn't put out of my mind being young and eating pizza topped english muffins at a friends house. But, I can assure you, this recipe is a hidden secret waiting to be spread!

We followed the recipe word for word, but of course, it can be applied to any toppings. We actually grabbed some leftover roast beef from the fridge and made a one with barbecue sauce, blue cheese, caramelized onions, cheddar and roast. It was great also.

The reason I'm pumping this up so much is because the cheese gets nice and crispy on the edges (and who doesn't like that toasted cheese flavour?) and it's like having a pizza where all you can taste is your toppings. So if you use a little pricier cheese, such as an asiago, the flavour comes right through. Not to mention, I'm sure it's just a little more waist line friendly than your average rising crust pizza. Not that I know much about a waistline these days.

1 comment:

Less Lee Moore said...

Yummy! We've used pita bread for pizza before, too. I want to try homemade pizza with whole wheat Indian kulcha bread.