Monday, July 13, 2009

cute baby clothes overload

I just got back from a weekend away with my mom and sister for outlet shopping in Pennsylvania. The Grove City Prime Outlet was great for me, shopping for baby stuff, but would not be so great for a group of young girls road tripping. My sister had a lot of luck at the Banana Republic store, but other than that there weren't too many deals.
But the deals for children were totally out of this world. I usually only see a couple of cute outfits while shopping for the baby at Babies R' Us and Old Navy - but the prices just make you wince. Well, at this outlet we found Osh Kosh and Carters - the goldmine of adorable baby clothes, all discounted way over half off. All three of us loaded up on enough clothes that will get the little one through to the age of 1. Over 50 outfits including sleepers, onsies, tees, pants and sets. I bought an old man inspired sweater and plaid pant set for his formal Christmas visits, Katie bought summer outfits and swimwear for his first trip to our family's cottage next summer and
a special bib for his first birthday. It's such an exciting time for us.

2 comments:

Emily said...

It is so hard not to go crazy buying baby clothes. And then wait until the baby shower(s)! I swear we have Cooper dressed until he is two years old!

We have a Carters/Osh Kosh store that just opened here and everytime I go in there, I go nuts - even though I already have a ton of clothes. Another place I love is the Superstore - the Joe Fresh line, their baby stuff is adorable!

Erin said...

Before I discovered Carters & Osh Kosh I thought Joe was the only good place for baby clothes. Yep, it's just too hard to not run into every store and scope out the baby clothes.