Sunday, August 30, 2009

know your limits

Yesterday was our big house cleaning and organizing day. The basement is a place that has caught a lot of our stuff from our parent's houses. It drives me crazy seeing it sit in piles. So I had a whole load of gumption and started sorting boxes moving things around, doing laundry and carrying appliances between levels. I reorganized the kitchen and made room in 2 pull-out shelves for the baby's bottles and other baby kitchen items. Oh, and picked-up around the entire house. It was an amazingly productive day!
I started to feel a bit of exhaustion come on, but didn't think much of it. I decided to sit and watch a movie with Katie at night and go to bed. Well, at my first pee break of the night I went to get up and I couldn't hold myself up. My legs were giving out and I literally couldn't walk due to exhaustion. It was pretty scary since I've never felt like this before. When Nuno came home that night I told him what happened and he had to help me to the bathroom during the rest of my nightly pee breaks.
Luckily, I woke up today and I feel like I'm back to normal. I hope my lack of being the typical relaxed, feet propped pregnant lady isn't affecting my son. I really haven't had to slow down, but I'm 30 weeks along now. That means 10 weeks and our baby will be with us and I'm thinking he may continue to take more out of me than I could have imagined. But I have it to give!

No comments: