Monday, September 28, 2009

this weekend's baby shower

Katie and my mom held an awesome baby shower this weekend. I am so humbled by the number of people who came. Some from far away and stayed in hotels just to be there!

The food was amazing, pretty much a dream spread.

The games were tons of fun too especially since everyone got into them. Our most super-competitive ladies in the house won the prizes which were hand-painted bird houses.

I love my little belly in this shot. I think the baby is ready for some cake!

Gifts galore! Baby gifts are so fun to open as everyone ooohs and ahhhs over how cute, sweet and small everything is.
There were piles and piles to go through. And when we thought it was over even more arrived! And so many creative gifts! Leslie hand painted 5 frames in "Hey Diddle Diddle" theme. I'll post photos of those once we have them hung in the nursery.

Check out these sweet finger puppets Jess made. Nuno, Erin & Baby!

And she made these bibs!

My mom gave us the cool swing I was talking about weeks ago. I couldn't help myself but go home and assemble it right away.

Katie knitted the robot toy for the baby. So he's a stand-in until the baby arrives to claim him as his own.

Katie's blog entry about the shower is awesome so click here.

1 comment:

Less Lee Moore said...

I had such a great time! Everything was perfect. The shower favors were amazing! Please pass on my gratitude to your mom and the rest of your family.