Wednesday, March 10, 2010

chicken, edamame and noodle stirfry

Here's a concoction I'd never have come up with on my own. It's Chicken, Edamame and Noodle Stirfry! I'm surprised I've already managed to cook a couple recipes that have included ingredients I've never cooked with before. Edamame is an example. I love the texture of edamame beans in this dish and I'll probably try and find other ways of cooking with them in the future. This recipe was quick and, of course, easy to prepare. After I prepped all the ingredients it looked like a ton of food, but once the napa cabbage cooked down it was a lot more manageable.

Something I've learned from years of making Everyday Food recipes to coat chicken in seasoned cornstarch for frying. It's the best way to quickly fry bite-sized pieces of chicken without drying them out or having them absorb too much oil.

So overall, this meal was average. It was great for something different, but nothing I'd recommend to anyone as a must try.

No comments: