Friday, June 4, 2010

flank steak and arugula salad and horseradish mashed potatoes

Here is Flank Steak and Arugula Salad and a delicious side of Horseradish Mashed Potatoes.
This used the other half of yesterday's broiled flank steak. The dressing on this salad is probably the easiest dressing short of buying a bottle of prepared. Salsa & balsamic vinegar. It works! I'm totally hooked on arugula right now - I kept snacking on it all week that when it came time to make this recipe I had to disparately run out and buy another container. A note about balsamic vinegar - it goes so nicely with arugula as well as flank steak. I'm pretty much a total convert on flank steak. I can't believe I used to buy those small frying steaks. Well, never again! This dinner came together very quickly which was nice. Everyday Food's technique for mashing potatoes made for the best mash I've ever made.

Now for Owen's first steak. You heard me right, my baby ate Steak! I took some of the more cooked pieces of flank steak and cooked until there was no pink was left. Then blitzed in the food processor and created a smooth consistency with milk. I then took a couple pieces of potato and mashed together with the meat. So how did Owen enjoy mashed potato and flank steak for dinner? I expected a fuss and resistance as I fed him the first spoonful, but much to my surprise he loved it! Looks like Owen is a true man, he loves his meat and potatoes. Good thing I have Mad Hungry by Lucinda Scala Quinn to help me feed the men in my life!

No comments: