Sunday, September 12, 2010

israeli couscous with parsley and shallots

I wonder if my other mom friends think I'm Jewish? I somehow attend picnics with a different Israeli Couscous salad in tow. The reason is usually because I need to whip up something at a moments notice and open my cupboards and go from there. Or I'll randomly pull out an Everyday Food magazine from my collection and give a new recipe a whirl. That's how I made this Israeli Couscous with Parsley and Shallots.

Seemed to go over well and I'd like to point out that this salad is 'waist-line friendly' which new moms appreciate. I love Israeli Couscous and Orzo because they seem so 'different' but are really just pasta. And they work well for babies learning to chew, that's why I'm always using them. Just a baby friendly pasta salad.

Oh, and to clarify - I'm of no religious affiliation and have a family background of "31 flavours".

No comments: