Saturday, February 5, 2011

slow cooker spicy buffalo chicken sandwiches

I'm finding myself hooked on my slow cooker these days. It's not like I'll be firing this baby up in the spring and summer months, so I might as well get the most use out of it while it's in season. Not only that, it's been a lifesaver during the week for our dinners.

Slow-Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (from the most recent issues of Everyday Food Jan/Feb 2011) is a meal that sounds a lot better than it really was. Buffalo wings are one on my favourite things and if it were up to me I'd douse half of what I eat with hot sauce. It might just be because we had slow cooker pulled pork the day before, but chicken doesn't break down to that melt-in-your-mouth consistency that makes slow-cooker shredded meat so insanely good. I also made the mistake of eating these on burger buns, and like sloppy joe's, you need a bun that can stand up to moisture like an egg-y bun. Consensus: just not worth making this one again.

No comments: