Saturday, May 14, 2011

peanut butter waffles

This month's issue of Everyday Food features a recipe for Peanut Butter Waffles. In the published photo they are pictured with sliced bananas and all I could think about was how perfect this would be for Owen on the weekend. 

So this morning I made them and they are delicious! My only issue with this recipe is having to use the blender for the wet ingredients. I'm not sure there is really any way around this other than a workout of an effort in whisking. So the clean-up was a bit of a pain. But with this recipe you end up with lots of batches, which we froze. I blogged about our weekend waffle variations over the past year and how we freeze them then reheat in the toaster. Everyday Food published that tip for others which is great.


We served these waffles with sliced bananas and maple syrup, but when we eat them again I think we'll try them with jam. I also think this recipe would work well with Nutella substituted for peanut butter. If we end up trying it out I'll blog about the results.

No comments: