Monday, May 30, 2011

rhubarb crisp

The farm stands are open and I'm thrilled! I arrived at Tina's when they were still cleaning and bundling their fresh rhubarb Saturday morning. So I bought 2 bundles and made this Rhubarb Crisp from the first Everyday Food book, Great Food Fast.
This is a very simple recipe where all the other ingredients are pantry staples. I had everything prepped and in the oven in 10 minutes which is an awesome feeling for the kind of results you get from this recipe. This dessert is nothing short of incredible!! I couldn't imagine any revision to it whatsoever. I picked up some mixed berry frozen yogurt and it was the perfect accompaniment. I'm starting to regret not doubling this batch, but because of how easy this recipe is, I have no problem making this anytime including after work.
Pay no mind to the Fancy Feast presentation here. I made this for dessert on our Sunday night dinner at my parents house where I found these little dainty glass dishes. We had barbecued ribs, baked potatoes, baked beans and caesar salad and the entire meal tasted so very summery. 

No comments: