Wednesday, November 9, 2011

roasted sweet potato salsa

Again with the November Everyday Food issue. Everyday Food started a new column in this issue called Family Fuel which offers recipes for healthy family dishes. This recipe really matched my family because Owen is such a little avocado fiend, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
Here it is and I'm still trying to figure out what to call it. I think the publication calls it a salsa and it really is like a winter salsa. There are roasted sweet potatoes with red onions (which I timed to bake and cool in the oven in the middle of the day so that step was complete when I got home). Then you add fresh tomato, cilantro, lime and avocado. So quick and easy. It was a bit of a stretch on my part thinking this was a dinner because we really should have at least doubled the recipe. We had this with a side of Paradise bread from the supermarket. I love it to bits and honestly can't wait for an excuse to make it again and try it all sorts of new ways (as a pizza topping, over couscous, over arugula as a salad).

No comments: