Wednesday, January 25, 2012

potato and onion frittata and bell pepper sautee

If you couldn't tell by the pork loin & black eyed pea salad and iceberg wedges, I spent most of last week making meals that I was hoping wouldn't look or smell appetizing. My husband was doing a cleanse. Bless his heart, fasting from food is something I am unable to conceive for myself, but is a yearly thing for him. He rocked it and had amazing results, I'm so proud of him. Anyways, this Potato & Onion Frittata from Fresh Flavour Fast was something I thought he'd be disinterested in because of the whole breakfast for dinner thing. Turns out it was so fantastic I just had to make it a second time this week so he could experience it!
It doesn't look like much but not only smells amazing, it tastes fantastic. It seems like a total mess when you make it. There were many moments I felt frustrated and was just about to throw it out, but it somehow works out every time. The rosemary and parsley add such a wonderful flavour, I can't imagine a more delicious frittata.
The Bell Pepper Sautee also from Fresh Flavour Fast is a perfect accompaniment to this frittata. Delicious eaten together! I love this dinner. It's light, inexpensive, flavourful & healthy.

No comments: