Monday, October 22, 2012

chocolate malt cupcakes

This weekend was my dad's birthday. To him, the ideal birthday weekend was to have Owen stay over night and then visit his friend's pumpkin patch together. We were only too happy to oblige, so with our free evening we went to see Sloan perform their album Twice Removed at the Tralf in Buffalo. This album has a lot of history with not only myself, but also my sister and my husband. While waiting for the band to go on my sister gave me a bit of a shock when she said this album was 18 years old. I remember waiting at Sam the Record Man with her to buy the tape it the day it was released. Their tour for this album was my first rock concert I was allowed to go to with a girlfriend. This album is a fantastic piece of 90's Canadian indie rock and has lost none of its charm to me. It really was a thrill to hear it preformed live in its entierty.
Here are a few pics of our time at the pumpkin farm.








I baked Chocolate Malt Cupcakes from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book to celebrate my dad's big day. They were good but next time I'd bake mini chocolate chips into them to give them a bit of a chocolate boost. They were tasty, but the malt flavour was pretty undetectible.

No comments: