Monday, January 14, 2013

mushroom and black bean tortilla casserole

Well, this year we are starting life without Everyday Food magazine. I'm tellin' ya, it's not getting easier as time passes not having the monthly digest arriving in my mailbox. Yes, I'm attempting to visit everydayfood.com and see if keeping up with this site will fill that void. So far, it's not... But on a more positive note, I did try one of their recipes posted last month. It's for Mushroom and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole.
Photobucket

I set up my iPad and watched Sarah's video segment and then followed the recipe. What initially shocked me was just how fast it came together. Just a few minutes and it was in the oven. And the taste was more like a dinner that takes ages to create. Yes, it's simple and totally delicious. Initially I thought the mushroom and black bean combo was just a little odd but that's what I ended up loving most about this recipe - the texture contrast between the two. We all loved it so much this will totally be in regular rotation for us.

No comments: