Monday, February 4, 2013

applesauce raisin muffins

I ritually bake muffins on Saturday mornings. I keep all the extras in the freezer and take them to work for breakfast during the week. This Saturday I decided to try Anna Olson's recent Applesauce Raisin Muffins recipe from on her website.


As I was baking I had Anna's website open and was baking directly from the recipe posted online. As I was finishing up there was a mention of oats but they weren't listed in the ingredients. So I downloaded the .pdf and it was there that I saw the 1 cup measurement for oats in the ingredient list. A slight oversight I thought would be worth mentioning here if you choose to try this recipe (bake from the .pdf download). Anyways, this is my first vegan muffin and what was especially nice is that I had no worries about Owen licking the spatula and bowl. This was quick and easy with all pantry staples. The muffins have a great applesauce flavour which is nice because anytime I've baked with applesauce before I find the flavour gets lost among the other ingredients. The muffins are loaded with raisins which we all really liked. The only drawback with was that we found they stick to the muffin liners.

No comments: