Monday, July 8, 2013

veggie burger

So while on the subject of burgers, we also tried a brand new veggie burger not too long ago. This one courtesy of Bon Appétit magazine’s June 2013 issue. There is this great portion of the magazine which fields reader’s requests for copy cat recipes from some of their favourite dining experiences. One reader wrote in about the veggie burgers at the Rosewood Grill in Hudson, OH. The magazine offered their own take on that particular item. Intrigued by the delicious ingredient list, I decided to give them a whirl.

I made these burgers on a frying pan indoors and am certainly glad I did. Like just about every other veggie burger I’ve ever attempted (especially those using beans as the main ingredient), it was quite crumbly. But it’s that same texture which I really liked. They weren’t dry and the seasoning was spot-on. The addition of pickled jalapenos were genius. But, as much as I loved them, once finished I couldn’t help but feel as though I got the veggie burger-kick out of my system for another good year. Oh vegetarians/vegans, I admire you... I just don’t know how you do it.

No comments: