Wednesday, August 21, 2013

salmon with couscous pilaf

One of my favourite barbequed meals is salmon! I feel like it's tastiest grilled on the bbq and I've have been searching around for different recipes to make fish a weekly meal. One new recipe we tried was Salmon with Couscous Pilaf from Everyday Food March 2005.

There was something about this recipe that seemed like it was going to be just, OK. I'm not sure the reason I had a lack of high expectations on this, maybe because it seemed so simple. But it actually turned out great and exceeded all my inital expectations. This is a healthy dinner that we all went nuts for and will probably enjoy again soon. So simple to prepare, this is one of those recipes you want to keep in your back pocket when you need a dinner in a pinch and don't want to spend any time in the kitchen.

No comments: